Monday, May 9, 2011

She's Still Kickin'

Today I'm on beam with the Level 4's, and I've just about lost patience with the fact that while all of these girls can do cartwheels on beam, some back walkovers, they do not, on their lives, understand how to keep their arms up while jumping. Or how to create a split-like position in a leap.

"Can you do it?" asks Colleen.

"Yes," I say.

"Can you show us?"

And these mini-people stop and watch as I step onto the low beam and leap. ('Tis best not to risk straddling the beam when you're trying to demonstrate a point.)

"Wow," Colleen whispers to Larissa. "That was amazing."

I only put myself in the position to demonstrate things I'm good at, like leaps and jumps and kips with the bar down low to show that yes, kiddies, you can hold your feet up, and I'm taller than you! (Some of you.)

Nothing very impressive, but it's a little flash, a reminder: hey, I know what these things are like.

No comments:

Post a Comment