Sunday, March 11, 2012

The gentler one

They like me because I'm the gentler one. Sometimes I can call it: the littlest girls leave the gym with tears in their eyes, and the next day, I know that I'll get a text from my boss: "Colleen wants a lesson with you."

I can be mean (can't we all, under certain circumstances?), but when it comes to skills that they're afraid of, I am not. I know what that fear is like. They'll stand on the high beam and shake.

I put them back on the low beam. I tell them to put every mat they want under the high beam. We'll take them away one at a time. It will be a slow deconstruction. But it will work.

2 comments:

  1. Bless you for being the gentler one. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the fear like it was yesterday. The first cartwheel, the first back walkover, the first roundoff, the first back handspring, the first..the first..the first. Oh, but the fear is replaced so quickly by adrenaline once the skill/trick is completed. Sweet adrenaline. :) Agree with Cavemomma - bless you for being the gentler one.

    ReplyDelete