Monday, September 27, 2010

Just like me, you've got needs

And all eight of you need me all at once.

The piecemeal (anyone else have this as an elementary school spelling word?) choreography practice quakes when the girls have reached different points of preparedness. Four have finished routines. Four have parts. The four with finished routines want to do their routines to the music. The four with parts want to, too. Out of eight, only two have no questions about their routines.

The other six fire questions like a dissertation defense, ignoring that I'm helping another girl.

"What do I do after this pose?" ::strikes pose from middle of the routine::

"Did I leave something out?"

"What do I do now?"

"I forget [insert entire section of routine]..."

"Am I with the music?"

"Can I do [insert skill] in my routine?"

"Can I go next?"

"Can I go after her?"

"Can I go after them?"

Audio and visual overload. Music on and off, laughter on and off, "Watch the corner!", "Girls, keep practicing during her routine - you don't have to stand there and watch" (of course they all do anyway), "Wait, what do I do after this?"--

Then they're gone for the day. I keep the routines. The poses, the timing. They forget, but I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment