Friday, April 29, 2011

Floor Music Friday

When I was 16 and super into Incubus, I told my high school coach that I wanted the intro to this song as floor music.

She listened and was "meh" about it.

I see her point. It's repetitive and I ended up sticking with my usual music of dramatic symphonies.

But I like the funkiness and the darker edges of this intro. I think in the beginning, there could be all sorts of interesting body shapes to match the music. A gymnast with a rocker's soul.

Nowadays, with all the music editing software out there (not like I went to high school back when you had to walk uphill both ways in the snow, but it's much more accessible now), I think this music could stand a chance. Cut some of the repetition. Maybe remix it with something else. (If we were in NCAA, it'd probably get inexplicably remixed with Lady Gaga.)

Maybe it will never see the light of day beyond my old Make Yourself CD. But it still makes my Floor Music Friday cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment