Sunday, November 7, 2010

Take a bow

Two of the girls have moved on.

Jamie fizzled over the summer. Her mom said it had to do with all her injuries, but I think it had more to do with Coach P. Jamie liked him. But I don't think her mom did.

For a while I was sure she'd come back. I still hope she does. But it's November and there's been no peep. Possibly she's at another gym. She should be doing gymnastics, even if it's not with us. She's too talented not to.

Maya went AWOL after May. She went off to camp, then was occupied with her 8687686 extracurricular activities. And now she's switched gyms. I have to confess: I'm not sure that I'm sorry to see her go. She has talent. But her attitude exceeds her talent, and it's exhausting to wrestle with.

Besides these two, our gym maintains a stable retention rate. The team's a touch smaller now. But we regroup. We go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment