Monday, August 30, 2010

As the World Spins

Let us reflect on Summer 2010.

Accomplishments:
  • I've choreographed four floor routines so far. A slow pace, but I'm pleased with the quality.
  • We all survived the team trip to the local water park.
  • Amy broke a growth plate at gymnastics camp, Colleen her ankle when running to her cubby. They have since recovered.
  • Our new squad of IGC girls is rocking: huge improvements in flexibility and basic skills. Back handsprings occurring on floor, tumble track, and trampoline. Solid attitudes and hard work.
  • The Level 5's and 6's make Coach P. shake his head several times a practice.
  • Though he did get involved in a deep discussion of sleep habits and debated the pronunciation of "vocabulary" with them today.
  • Several of the girls are entering junior high school. Channeling Joseph Conrad: The horror, the horror!
  • I've had a couple of gym-related items published! They're under my real name. Call me Hannah Montana.
  • Angie Baby visited WOGA, home of Nastia Liukin. I hyperventilated vicariously through her.
  • The jury's in: photo with Marta wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment