Wednesday, August 11, 2010

metagymnastics

About one-third of my girls realize that gymnasts exist outside of our team. They know who Shawn and Nastia are beyond the name on their leotard. Some can even drop other names.

The rest need a nudge.

"You have a homework assignment," I say. "You need to watch Nationals and next week tell Coach P. and me who your favorite gymnast was. And you need to tell us enough so that we know you actually watched it."

Easy enough.

The girls nod and talk about channels and times. Grace looks confused. "I don't know how to find it."

"Look it up online," I say.

"My computer is broken."

"Didn't you say before that you were watching YouTube?"

"That was on my iTouch. It doesn't have Internet. It just has WiFi."

"That is Internet," Natalie and I say in unison. "Go onto Google," I say.

"I only have Firefox."

Maybe not so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment